Thursday, June 11, 2009

Pumpkin Bread

I wanted to make a treat for my friend who has been having some very sad things happen lately. I wasn't really sure what to say, but I think that homemade food can really say it for you. Her and I happen to love pumpkin bread from Great Harvest. So I went searching for a recipe and found this recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Bread on a way cute site by a gal who lives here in Utah too! I love when I have things in common with people who are more creative or talented then I know how to be.

Anyway you must make this bread. It is the best!


It looks the best, right? Thats cuz it is.

Put 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour and 1 cup whole wheat flour. Which by the way I just bought for the first time for another recipe. How lucky was that.



Then 3 whole cups of sugar. I made me re-think my choice of bowl size.



2 teaspoons baking soda. I prefer the Pure kind (is there any other?)



2 teaspoons cinnamon. I love recipes with cinnamon.



1 teaspoon nutmeg.



1 teaspoon salt.


16 0z, or 2 cups in my book, of pumpkin puree. There is plenty left over, so I will be making pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
Add that to a seperate bowl with 1 cup of oil, 4 eggs, and 2/3 cup water. Mix and then add flour mixture in 3 parts. Thats how I like to do it anyway.

Mix until combined.


Pour into two greased and floured bread pans.

Bake at 350 degrees for 50 - 60 min. Then ENJOY. I know you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment