Sunday, June 7, 2009

Homemade Ice Cream Sandwhiches

These are so easy its embarrasing, but they are very tasty. You have to try them.
It was another rainy day on Sunday, and Tyke was very eager to help. He didn't really know what he was getting into.



He was ready to dig in and eat the cake mix. I spent half my time fighting him off.



I did get him to stir in the 2 eggs. If I looked away for two seconds the spoon was right back up to his mouth.



Then all you need is 1/3 cup oil.



He needed a little help stirring at this point. I usually do it in the electric mixer. It makes it a lot easier.


Bake at 350 degrees for 5 min. See how easy that was! Its disgraceful really. Not even worth a post.

So I decided to make them ice cream sandwhiches. I only had vanilla icecream so I had to make mine strawberry. So I took 3 scoops ice cream and about 5 strawberries and ran them through the blender.

Its nice and spreadable. It was really better then any store bought strawberry I've had. It tasted so fresh.

Now be careful that your cookies are fully cooled. Or the icecream will start melting before you can put the other cookie on. I stuck mine in the freezer and it worked even better.
I am not perfect so neither were my cookies. I stacked them all together and grabbed all the ones that stuck out the farthest. Those were pairs. I continued that process until all the cookies were matched up.
Then just one large spoonful of ice cream in the center of the cookie and no need to spread if the ice cream is soft, just top it with another cookie.

They were so yummy. Either serve immediately or freeze and thaw slightly before serving.

1 comment:

  1. I'm making raspberry custard this week. I'll have to make some cookies to go with.

    ReplyDelete