Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hamburger Cupcakes

My niece came and helped me make these super cute cupcakes. Don't they look like mini hamburgers! We had so much fun. It is definitely a great thing to make with your kids. But because my boys are too young, I though of this little girl who would love it.

I got the idea from Bakerella. I made my own brownie recipe for the patty, The Pioneer Woman's Yellow Cupcake recipe for the bun, a trusty vanilla butter cream recipe for the lettuce and condiments, and a sugar cookie recipe for the fries. (I will post my recipes at later time.)

You can most likely use any recipe for any of these components, but mine were pretty yummy. I'll admit that I didn't make them because I thought they would be delicious, more because they were so dang cute!

Some tips I found:

1. Under fill the cupcakes so that they don't go over the liners by much.
2. Mix the frosting with food coloring in a bowl BEFORE transferring into Ziploc bag.
3. Do a test run on the fries with several different sizes before committing to a full cookie sheet.
4. Cowboys don't eat "cute" food. Cowboys don't eat "mini" versions of food. (But don't let that stop you. I didn't!)

Have fun cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment