Monday, May 25, 2009

Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake

This cake is very yummy! I didn't get any pictures of the final results, but it really is good.

Get together your list of ingredients.


I love this. It is such a time saver and it really works.

I evenly coat my "nonstick" loaf pan.

Sift together flour, baking powder & salt.

It would be ideal to use lemon yogurt. but I had vanilla so I added lemon zest and juice of one lemon.



Add 1 cup of sugar if your yogurt is sweetened and 1 1/4 if its not.


Add oil and mix completely. Add three eggs one at a time blending completely.

Add flour in three seperate parts and stir until just mixed.

Blueberries look so good, but I really don't like them plain. Add one cup and gently mix.


Pour into loaf pan and bake completely for 50-60 minutes.
Now this is where I messed up. I undercooked the cake and it fell apart when I flipped it over. So I can't show you how yummy it looked with a sugar glaze over the top. But believe me it was.

Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups yogurt
1 lemon
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup oil

No comments:

Post a Comment